Welcome to our inaugural Bondi Junction Hand Therapy Newsletter!
BJHT Out and About
Research, Conferences and Presentations:
- Clare Maple-Brown presented to the NSW Interest Group of Hand Therapists in March on “Tendonopathy” (focussing on De Quervains & Lateral Elbow pain);
- Lucille Roberts (nee Paton) presented her research into De Quervains at the Australian Hand Therapy Association Conference in October where Clare also presented the results of our pilot group of “Handy Brain Training”;
- Numerous team members attended the NSW Hand Surgeons conference in November and the Healthy Practice conference in Canberra in May;
- Emilie Myers presented her research into Dupuytren’s and her extensive experience on volunteer Hand Therapy projects in Fiji on a webinar to the Australian Hand Therapy Association in September;
- Emilie has also become a Research Fellow at The Prince of Wales Hospital;
- Clare and the team have provided in-services to numerous GP practices and physiotherapy practices throughout the year and look forward to visiting more in 2015.
- Adrian Jollow joined the team in June – His calm and kindness as well as his expertise has really lifted the team and he has many happy patients
- Clare and Emilie both travelled with Dr Myer’s team to Fiji for a week to teach the local staff (in particular around the variety of traumatic and congenital injuries their patients face).
- Bondi Junction Hand Therapy extended its services to The Stadium Sports Medicine Clinic in September and Clare practices there every Wednesday.
We look forward to continuing to further our education and experience around hand upper limb injuries and contributing to community awareness around rehabilitating such injuries.