To assist with the current pressures on General Practitioners, Medical Centers and Emergency Departments within NSW Hospitals, Bondi Junction Hand Therapy are offering immediate services for minor hand traumas and concerns in addition to our usual work capacity.
In the hope to reduce the number of emergency department presentations for minor hand trauma injuries during this pandemic, our services are available between Monday–Friday, during ordinary working hours and include:
- Assessment of minor hand and upper limb trauma.
- Conducting wound reviews and dressing changes/management.
- Providing swelling and pain management strategies.
- Fabrication of thermoplastic splints or casting, and advice regarding appropriate support.
- Completing referrals for X-rays and assisting with follow up of X-ray reviews.
- Contacting Hand Surgeons to discuss treatment plans and facilitating urgent reviews as required.
- Traumatic injuries that we are able to treat include, but are not limited to, the following: minor hand or finger lacerations, fractures or dislocations, soft tissue injuries, nail bed injuries and wrist ligament sprains and strains.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the above, or are unsure whether your hand injury/concern is appropriate for us to treat rather than going to ED, please do not hesitate to contact us on (02) 9388 9743.